Such an iconic snack! And luckily up to 7 cups of the stuff is lowFODMAP! This classic cinnamon coating makes them perfect for enjoying with a movie, studying or as a little mid-afternoon snack.
3 tbsp coconut oil
50g/ 1/2 a cup corn kernels for popping
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp maple syrup (optional, but does make it extra nice)
1. Melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil on a low/medium heat in a large pan with a lid. Once melted, add the corn and stir until they are all coated in the oil.
2. Place the lid on and keep the pan moving. Once almost all the corn has popped, turn off the heat and let it sit. If it seems a bit too hot, you can move the popcorn over to a bowl.
3. (Meanwhile if you are up for multi-tasking) Heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a small sauce pan. Then stir in the cinnamon. After 30 seconds add the sugar and/or maple syrup.
4. Once sugar has dissolved, drizzle the sweet cinnamon syrup over the popped corn, stirring it around for an even coverage.
5. Enjoy! You can easily store in a tub or bag for snacks when you are out.
This snack was part of my YouTube video on snacks, which you can watch below x