The Best Potato Wedges EVER!
Big statement, I know! The Monash app says FODMAPs "were not detected" in potatoes. Yes, that's right, NO FODMAP AT ALL!! So now I love potatoes even more than I did before (which is saying a lot!).
You might have found some lowFODMAP starch/grain portions a bit measly. 1 cup of cooked quinoa for example, looks pitiful and doesn't fill me up in the slightest. However, it can always be safely combined with some trusty potatoes! These wedges, golden, crispy wedges to be exact haha
[5 mins prep, 50-60 cooking time. Total = 55-65 mins]
1 tbsp gluten free flour (double for 2 big potatoes)
1 1/2 tbsp water (double for 2 big potatoes)
a little salt and pepper
1 tsp dried Rosemary
1-2 large potatoes, with skins on (I used baking potatoes)
2-3 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven at gasmark 7/ 245°C and 425°F
2. Slice the potatoes into wedges, layout on a microwavable plate.
3. Microwave for 4 minutes on high. Weird, but it will help them get crispy.
4. Meanwhile, mix together the flour, water, rosemary, salt and pepper in a wide, shallow bowl to make a batter.
5. Coat the wedges in the batter and line them up on a roasting tray.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Now take out of the oven, give them a shuffle and drizzle with the oil.
7. Pop the wedges back in the oven, checking occasionally and giving them a shuffle.
8. Once golden (roughly 40-50 minutes, but keep an eye on them because this changes from oven to oven), serve and enjoy.
I love them with this dip :)
This recipes featured in my What I Eat In A Day video, where I also talk about plant-based whole food nutrition while also lowFODMAPing x