Crispy, Spicy Chickpeas
These are just delightful to nibble on when you are out and about. Plus they are fantastic additions to top salads and soups.
[2 mins prep, 20-25 mins cooking. Total = 22-27 minutes]
1 can of chickpeas
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp of coriander
1/4 tsp asafoetida
a pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 200° C/ 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
2. Rinse and thoroughly dry the chickpeas.
3. In a baking tray, coat the chickpeas in 1 tbsp of olive oil and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, checking on them occasionally and giving them a shake.
4. Once they are dried out but still hot sprinkle over the spices and seasoning, giving them a good stir so they are evenly coated.
5. Let them cool and store in an airtight container.
The little crispy-chickies are in the 4 vegan & lowFODMAP video on YouTube. So if you want to watch it being made, you can watch it below x