I love this stuff! Savoury popcorn was a bit of a revelation for me. It's very quick and easy to make and wonderful to snack on.
3 tbsp coconut oil
70g (1/2 cup) corn kernels for popping
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp asafoetida
a pinch of cayenne pepper
*optional topping of fresh coriander
1. Melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil on a low/medium heat in a large pan with a lid. Once melted, add the corn and stir until they are all coated in the oil.
2. Place the lid on and keep the pan moving. Once almost all the corn has popped, turn off the heat and let it sit. If it seems a bit too hot, you can move the popcorn over to a bowl.
3. Season the popcorn with salt to taste.
4. (Meanwhile if you are up for multi-tasking) Heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a small sauce pan. Then stir in the spices.
5. Once the spices are smelling fragrant turn off the heat. Drizzle the spicy oil over the popped corn, stirring it around for an even coverage.
6. Enjoy with some freshly cut coriander if you are feeling fancy. You can easily store in a tub or bag for snacks when you are out.
This snack was part of my YouTube video on snacks, which you can watch below x