As far as I am concerned there is never a bad time to have a stir-fry. It's a great way to use leftover veg and can be enjoyed hot or cold. In this recipe garlic infused olive oil allows it to be just as tasty as a standard recipe but kinder to our troublesome tummies.
100g (1/2 cup) black rice
1 tsp garlic infused olive oil
1 tsp chopped root ginger
90g (3 1/2 oz) of broccoli (heads only) broken in to small florets
1 carrot, thinly sliced
2 handfuls of bean sprouts
14g (1/2 oz) peanuts
2 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame seed oil
1 spring onion, chopped (dark green part only!)
1. Put the rice on to boil as per packaging instructions (probably 20-30 minutes)
2. In a wok, fry the ginger in the garlic-infused oil for 30 seconds
3. Add the peanuts and fry for another minute on a low heat
4. Put the heat up again and add the veggies and sesames seeds. Cook until the veggies are cooked but keeping some crunch
5. Stir in the sesame seed oil and soy sauce.
6. Serve up the stir-fry with the cooked rice and sprinkle the spring onion greens on top.
This recipe is part of my What I Eat In A Day Video if you want to see it being made :)