Chocolate Chia & Orange Porridge
This is a truly delicious way to start the day and, as the autumnal months are rolling in, the orange-chocolate combo feels extra cosy and warming.
(Makes 3 servings of chia sauce)
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1-3 tsp of maple syrup
200ml (7 fl oz) almond or coconut milk (or any low-FODMAP plant milk you fancy)
4 tbsp chia seeds
(Makes 1 serving of porridge)
1 tsp root ginger, finely chopped (ground ginger power will taste great too)
1 tsp coconut oil
1/2 cup of rolled porridge oats
1 cup of water
A pinch of cinnamon
sugar to taste and splash of plant milk if you want it creamier (optional)
1 medium orange, peeled and sliced
The night before:
1. In a jar make a paste with the cocoa powder and a little of the plant milk.
2. Then stir in the rest of the milk, bit by bit, so it's all dissolved in.
3. Add the maple syrup to a sweetness you like.
4. Stir in the chia seeds, cover the jar and place in the fridge.
* This will keep for ~3 days and will make a great addition to porridge, desserts and even on toast.
In the morning:
1. Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan and sauté the ginger for 30 seconds.
2. Pour in the oats and the water.
3. Stir gently until thick and creamy.
4. Stir in a pinch of ground cinnamon and any sugar/plant milk you want to taste.
5. Pour the porridge into a bowl, drizzle over a few tbsp of the chia pudding sauce and the sliced orange.
6. Enjoy and have a great morning!
This recipe is part of my What I Eat In A Day Video if you want to see it being made :)