Chia & Oats Energy Balls
Being prepared with snacks is such a game-changer with this elimination diet. These Energy balls are particularly good because they can be bulk made and frozen! They are also nice and compact, so if you have a little pot, you can easily take them in your bag ready for a hungry moment.
[3 mins cooking, 5 mins prep + 20 soaking chia seeds. Total = 28 mins)
Makes ~8 Balls and 2-3 would be low FODMAP, although pretty filling!
1tbsp melted coconut oil 150g (2/3 cup) peanut butter 2 tbsp chia seeds blended soaked 20 mins in 4 tbsp of water (if you don’t blend them you just have to leave it overnight)
60g (2/3 cup) rolled oats 1/2 tbsp Maple Syrup *optional flavours: Orange zest, chocolate, cinnamon, chai spices, vanilla, toasted sesame seeds.
1. Melt the coconut oil in a pan, before stirring in the peanut butter, chia seeds, oats and maple syrup.
2. Take off the heat and let the "dough" cool down
3. Stir in any extra flavours you want to add.
4. Take golf-ball size pieces of the dough and roll into balls.
5. You can coat them in seeds, cocoa, cinnamon and sugar... what ever you fancy!
6. Store in the fridge, or even freezer ready for when you need a snack
I'd love to know what flavour combo you go for! If you want to see them being made, I made a video of these and other snacks on my YouTube channel, which you can watch below x